Achievements and Experience
December 2020 - Present
Sales Assistant at Curry's PC World
Over the course of the lockdown, I upgraded my computer skills and knowledge to develop as a UX designer.
I have a wealth of experience in phone sales and negotiation but I chose this role to enhance my face to face skills. This is what I can take forward to be used as a UX design professional in handling critical meetings and making effective presentations with clients and stakeholders.
I also took the role to better understand the relationship between the user and technology.
During this period I have consistently been in the top three positions of the sales leaders in terms of volume and received many customer compliments on my customer service.
During these difficult times, the management praised my efforts as I worked across three roles being sales, computer trouble shooting and warehouse duties
March 2019 — July 2020
Sponsorship Sales Executive at Inside Government (GovNet), Manchester
Hired as a delegate acquisition executive, I was promoted to work in the sponsorship team for the Inside Government division with a primary focus on the delivery of our portfolio of 140 exclusive events to C-Level heads of Public Sector organizations across various verticals including Emergency Healthcare, Justice Reform & Public Sector Mental Health. Mainly selling our highest value offerings to private sector leaders to become the strategic partners and solution providers of the events.
• Frequently closed deals from the first call to contract signed within one working day. (AOV's between £3,000 to £9,000)
• Responsible for signing net new business with companies such as UCAS, BAE Systems, Salary Finance, City & Guilds, Coventry University and Sodexo
• In November 2019 I hit 190% on my monthly target (£10,000) in a period where we have little traction on events
• Exceeding daily KPI's by an average of +50% against one hour call time and four proposals a day
April 2018 — March 2019
Delegate Acquisition Executive at GovNet Communications, Manchester
Managing a portfolio of Senior executive level, public sector conferences and to a large scale networking event circa 3,500 delegates.
Working towards set sales targets and delegate objectives through warm and cold calling
• Named by management as the best researcher in the business
• Consistent over achievement of KPI's. Often achieving 2+ hours talk time against a 1.5-hour target and outbound calls reaching over 90 calls a day.
• Launched a multi-million pound event around Blockchain Technology for the first time, for the private and public sectors. I was responsible for filling the VIP area from 50 to 400 major players within the space against a 350 seat target (114%) within two weeks.
• Frequently exceeded weekly targets of £1,500 in a few hours
September 2016 — August 2017
Sales & Operations Coordinator at Informa MENA, Dubai
Starting at Informa I was directly involved with the main operations team, handling the entire event portfolio in various operational support roles including:
· Coordinating and arranging meetings with sponsors and VIPs
· Coordinating with clients for event show guides
· Leading the ‘guesting strategy’ for several large-scale events
· Liaising with the shell scheme contractors and sponsors for their event presence, From the success of our events and from showing management a high level of competency, I was promoted into a hybrid role to also liaise with the sales team to lead delegate acquisition on some of our high net worth business conferences and networking events while continuing my operational duties.
August 2015 - February 2017
Business Analyst / Sales Executive at Naseba, Dubai
Worked with investors to present unique meeting opportunities that fit the needs of their investment goals which required extensive research in product and industry knowledge. Hosted forums to enable clients to make the right connections in various specialist fields
January 2013 — September 2014
Project Coordinator (Contract) at Toll Global Forwarding, Dubai
Day-to-day management of the re-deployment of equipment and heavy vehicles from Afghanistan for various military commonwealth countries.
June 2009 — December 2012
Freelance Electrical Technician, Grips, Props and Production at Filmquip Media Company, Dubai
Dean Spencer, Sales Manager at Inside Government
Michael was an integral part of the team at Inside Government. His passion and motivation was a key asset in striving the company forward through a difficult phase. He was always proactive in his own development as well as assisting others around him and setting a high example. Michael will be a great addition to any team.
Soumya Bhattacharjee, Senior Manager at Curry's
Mike is a true example of an employee who always goes above and beyond their job description. He is hard-working, punctual, emphatic and a great sales colleague. He has had customers waiting to be served by himself personally on several occasions. I will definitely recommend him to anyone.
Stephen Griffin, Senior Sales Executive at GovNet
Micheal had an excellent work ethic. He was always on hand to offer advice to me and the rest of his team, and he is a true team player. He also shows the best levels of customer service I have seen.
National Certificate Edexcel ICT BTEC, Chichester College UK, Chichester
2006 — 2009
ICT Practitioners Edexcel Level 2 BTEC First Certificate, Chichester College, Chichester
2006 — 2009
General National Vocational Qualification, Information and Communication Technology Intermediate, Equal to four GCSE’s, Bredon School, Tewkesbury
2004 — 2006
Information Technology Level 2, Communication Level 2
2004 — 2006
6 GCSE’s Pass Grade, Bredon School
2004 — 2006
Professional Diploma In UX
Level 5 Diploma in Sales and Marketing, Training Qualifications UK (TQUK)
Hubspot Outbound Marketing Certification
Thrives in high-pressure environments
Communication and Negotiation
Problem-solving and divergent thinking
Face to Face sales
Attention to detail
Customer service skills
Open Broadcast Software (Recording User Interviews)
Inkscape (Adobe Illustrator Alternative)
Sharon Azam from GovNet - Managing Director
Contact details upon request
Alan Kelly from Informa MENA - Commercial & Strategy Director at Informa
Contact details upon request